Updated at 2023-08-09
Definitions and key terms
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Country: where Inbox2Notion or the owners/founders of Inbox2Notion are based, in this case is Canada
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Inbox2Notion Service to manage the relationships with your consumers or service users.
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Inbox2Notion and use the services.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information —such as email addresses, names, or unique user identifiers —allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person. This could include data derived from your Gmail or Notion accounts, depending on the permissions granted to our extension.
- Service: refers to the Inbox2Notion Chrome browser extension, which connects Gmail to Notion, enhancing your email management by leveraging Notion’s capabilities within your Gmail inbox.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website & Extension: Inbox2Notion’s official website can be accessed via this URL: inbox2notion.com, and our Chrome browser extension available on the Chrome Web Store enables the functionality between Gmail and Notion.
- You: a person or entity that is registered with Inbox2Notion to use the Services.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information when you engage with our website/app, including when you register, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
This may include:
- Name / Username
- Email Addresses
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- Personalizing your experience.
- Improving our services.
- Enhancing customer service.
- Processing transactions.
- Sending periodic emails in line with your preferences.
Your data’s use and transfer adheres to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Inbox2Notion’s use and transfer of information received from Google APIs to any other app will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
When does Inbox2Notion use customer information from third parties?
Sometimes, when you interact with us, we might receive additional information. For instance, if you express interest in Inbox2Notion, we use third-party services to ensure the security and authenticity of your inquiry. This might include automated fraud detection services. Always be aware of the data you’ve made public, especially on platforms like social media, and adjust your privacy settings accordingly.
Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
We will not share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the website/app, database storage and management, e-mail management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the website/app. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website/app in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the website/app. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website/app and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers. We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
Where and when is information collected from customers and end users?
Inbox2Notion will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties as described above.
How Do We Use Your Email Address?
By submitting your email address on this website/app, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do. By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this Policy. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Inbox2Notion to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to Inbox2Notion or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Could my information be transferred to other countries?
Inbox2Notion is incorporated in Canada. Information collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, and may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
Is the information collected through the Inbox2Notion Service secure?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your personal information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
Can I update or correct my information?
Your Rights and How to Exercise Them:
Please note that even after deletion requests, some traces of your data may remain in our backups or archives, but they won’t be accessible for regular use.
- End Users: If you’re an end user of one of our customers, please reach out to the respective organization to manage or inquire about your data.
- Personnel and Applicants: Inbox2Notion collects information from its employees and applicants primarily for HR purposes. If you’re part of this category, you can contact us to (1) update or correct your information, (2) manage communication preferences, or (3) obtain a copy of your data. As with customers, certain data changes may not affect information previously shared or stored in other formats.
Regardless of your relationship with Inbox2Notion, it’s crucial to remember that absolute removal of every single piece of data is technologically challenging. However, we commit to ensuring any data you wish to amend or delete from our primary systems is handled promptly and as thoroughly as current technology permits.
Sale of Business
Links to Other Websites
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
While you can set your browser to block cookies, it may affect our website’s functionality. Doing so could result in losing saved information like login details or site preferences. To delete a cookie, follow instructions in your browser’s help menu.
We utilize remarketing services, allowing us to serve ads to individuals who have previously visited our website. This makes our ads appear more frequently on the platforms these users visit
In respect to any credit card or other payment processing details you have provided us, we commit that this confidential information will be stored in the most secure manner possible.
Inbox2Notion doesn’t cater to or knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years old. If you believe your child under this age has provided us with personal data, please let us know. If we find out we have unknowingly collected such data, we will promptly remove it from our servers.
We may display, include, or make available third-party content or provide links to third-party websites or services (“Third-Party Services”). You acknowledge and agree that Inbox2Notion is not responsible for any Third-Party Services. Such services are provided solely as a convenience, and you use them at your own risk.
- Cookies: Enhance our platform’s performance.
- Local Storage: Offers more storage than cookies.
- Sessions: Identify parts of our site you’ve visited.
Information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you’re from the European Economic Area (EEA), we may collect and use your information.
What is GDPR?
An EU-wide data protection law applicable globally.
What is personal data?
Any data that relates to an identifiable or identified individual. GDPR covers a broad spectrum of information that could be used on its own, or in combination with other pieces of information, to identify a person.
Data Protection Principles:
- Data should be processed transparently and held only as long as necessary. GDPR-covered individuals have various rights, including data access and correction.
Why is GDPR important?
GDPR adds some new requirements regarding how companies should protect individuals’ personal data that they collect and process. It also raises the stakes for compliance by increasing enforcement and imposing greater fines for breach. Beyond these facts it’s simply the right thing to do. At Inbox2Notion we strongly believe that your data privacy is very important and we already have solid security and privacy practices in place that go beyond the requirements of this new regulation.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
CalOPPA dictates our disclosure about the Personal Information we collect, use, and share:
- Right to Know and Access: Submit a request to understand the personal information we hold about you.
- Right to Equal Service: We won’t discriminate against any user exercising their privacy rights.
- Right to Delete: Submit a request to delete your personal data.
- Right to Opt-Out: Request businesses not to sell your personal data.
We don’t sell our users’ personal information. For additional details on these rights, please reach out to us.
Via Email: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Exercising Your Rights
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.